Saturday, October 1, 2011

Caramel Heavenlies

(I am having a hard time sharing this recipe. These are such a special treat. I feel like it's my personal little find of heaven. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. If you do, please comment:)
12 graham crackers (I think I use more)
2 cups miniature marshmallows
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup flaked coconut

Arrange the graham crackers in a single layer 10x15 inch baking pan (jelly roll pan). Sprinkle with the marshmallows. Combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the brown sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Drizzle over the marshmallows; sprinkle with the almonds and coconut. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 3 inch squares; cut each square into halves diagonally to form triangles. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment